WEBSITE PRIVACY STATEMENT- EFFECTIVE APRIL 2018.
WHEN YOU ACCESS OUR
TO THIS POLICY, OR TO ANY CHANGES WE MAY SUBSEQUENTLY MAKE, YOU MUST
IMMEDIATELY STOP ACCESSING OUR WEBSITE. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POLICY
CONTAINS NOT ONLY TERMS AND CONDITIONS, BUT ALSO YOUR CONSENT TO
OUR PROCESSING, IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS POLICY, OF THE PERSONAL
INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE BY YOURSELF ON OUR WEBSITE.
- True Price respects the right to privacy and confidentiality of our users personal
information. This Policy complies with the principles contained in the Consumer
Protection Act 61 of 2008 relating to direct marketing, in the Electronic
Communications and Transaction Act 25 of 2002 ("ECT"), for electronically, collecting
personal information and the right to notify data subjects how we handle personal
information given to True Price, as per the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of
- This Policy governs the processing of personal information provided to True Price,
through your use of our website. Through your interaction with us, True Price collects
personal information which, is described by POPI, as information relating to an
identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing
juristic person. Personal information may include, but is not limited to, your name,
physical address, telephone number and e-mail address.
- Legal Capacity
- You may not access our services on our website if you are younger than 18 years
old or do not have legal capacity to conclude legally binding contracts.
- Changes to the Policy
- We reserve the right, to update, modify or amend (including without limitation, by the
addition of new terms and conditions) this Policy from time to time. The version of the
terms and conditions effective for this Policy are indicated by the effective date
incorporated in the title of this Policy. The date indicated in the heading of this Policy
is the effective date that governs the browsing and the use of this Policy from the
date until the next revision of this Policy becomes effective. You therefore agree to
review the Policy whenever you visit the website for any such change. Save as
expressly provided to the contrary in this Policy, the amended version of the Policy
shall replace all previous versions thereof.
- What personal information do we collect?
- When you visit our website and request our services, you shall complete the online
form provided. This form will require you to enter the details of your motor vehicle
and when doing so, you further enter your name, e-mail address and mobile number
(optional) to enable us to respond to your enquiry. Thus, we collect personal
information and any other information relating to you which you may provide.
- We ask that you not send us, and you not share any special personal information
(e.g., biometric information, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political
opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union
- How do we use this information?
- We may process, transfer and disclose your personal information (which will normally
be retained on a database) for the purposes of:
- Administering our relationship with you, providing services, responding to
enquiries, and complying with your instructions;
- Attending to any business matter which relates to you and ourselves and which is
necessary for business purposes;
- To carry out marketing and advertising to yourself by sending you newsletters,
promotional material, or information that may be of interest to you. You may at
any stage opt-out from receiving marketing and advertising information from True
Price. You may object to True Price processing your personal information for the
purposes of direct marketing by e-mailing the Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Auditing usage of our website;
- Storing the terms and conditions which bind you;
- Any other purpose which is reasonably necessary in the circumstances.
- You understand and hereby agree that the information we require is necessary to
enable True Price to provide you with our services.
- Once you have submitted the online form, as contemplated in 4 above, we will then
send you with a link which will provide you with the results of the enquiry. Thereafter,
we share your personal information with third parties who you may contact you with
the possible intention of providing you with an offer to purchase your motor vehicle.
You hereby consent to True Price sharing personal information to such third parties.
- Please remember that we do not control the privacy practices of these third party
party service providers.
- Collection of anonymous data
- True Price may also collect other information through your interaction with and use of
the website, which does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to
an individual. Other information may include, but is not limited to, browser and device
information, data collected through automated electronic interactions, application
usage data, demographic information, geographic or geo-location information,
statistical and aggregated information. Any other information that you provide us with,
is subject to your consent and your knowledge. True Price may compile, use and
share any information that does not relate to any specific individual and owns all
rights to information of a statistical nature compiled by True Price.
file that is placed on your hard drive in order to keep a record of your interaction with
this website and facilitate user convenience and improve our service to you. Please
- Processing your personal information
- By providing your personal information to True Price you acknowledge that it has
been collected directly from you and consent to its processing by True Price.
- Where you submit personal information (such as name, e-mail address and,
telephone number) via the website (i.e. through completing the online form) the
following principles are observed in the processing of that information: -
- True Price will only collect personal information for a purpose consistent with
the purpose for which it is required. The specific purpose for which
information is collected will be apparent from the context in which it is
requested and as outlined in terms of this Policy.
- True Price will only process personal information in a manner that is
adequate, relevant and not excessive in the context of the purpose for which
it is processed.
- Personal information will only be processed for a purpose compatible with
that for which it was collected, unless you have agreed to an alternative
purpose in writing or True price is permitted in terms of national legislation of
general application dealing primarily with the protection of personal
- True Price will retain your personal information for as long; as needed to
provide you with our services; as needed for the purposes outlined in this
Policy or at the time of collection; as necessary to comply with our legal
obligations; or to the extent permitted by law.
- True Price will destroy or delete any personal information that is no longer
needed by True Price for the purpose it was initially collected, or
- We may need to transfer your personal information to another country for processing
or storage. We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal information
agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obliged
to. You hereby consent to the trans boarder transfer of your personal information in
the event that the need arises.
- Security and confidentiality
- We understand the value of your personal information and will take reasonable steps
to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration,
access or disclosure. We use physical, electronic and administrative safeguards that
are designed to ensure the security and integrity of your personal information.
Although we take steps to secure your personal information, we cannot guarantee
absolute security of information.
- In the event that your personal information is acquired, or is reasonably believed to
have been acquired, by an unauthorised person, True Price will notify you via e-mail.
- Sharing your personal information for service provision
- We may share the personal data you submit or that we collect with third parties
involved in the process of providing the services you may request. All service
providers are bound by contract to maintain the confidentiality and security of your
personal information and are restricted in their use thereof as per this Policy.
- Disclosure of personal information
- In accordance with the ECT Act and the POPI Act, we will disclose your personal
information without your consent if: -
- we are required to do so by law or a court order; or
- If it is in the public interest.
- Access to personal information
- If you wish to access your personal information, without actually changing same
(as provided below), please e-mail the Manager at e-mail address email@example.com to access your information.
- Correction/deletion of personal information
- If your personal information is out of date or incorrect in any way, or if you would
like us to have it deleted, please email the Manager at e-mail address
firstname.lastname@example.org to update or delete your information.
- Third party links
- Our website may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that True Price is
not responsible for, gives no warranties, nor makes any representations in respect of
the privacy policies, practices or content of any third party websites. True Price
before using it further to see how your privacy is protected.
available at https://trueprice.co.za/terms/ set out the general rules and policies governing
your use of our website. Depending on your activities when visiting our website, you may be
required to agree to additional terms and conditions. Should you require any further
information in respect of our Policy, please contact us by e-mailing email@example.com.